Home > Out of State Clients
Clients Come to Colorado Recovery from Across North America
About half of the clients receiving intensive treatment at Colorado Recovery come from out of state. Eighty percent of the clients receiving intensive care have parents who are from out of state. Some of these clients are students at the University of Colorado or other higher-education facilities who develop a psychiatric disorder after moving to Colorado to enroll in school.
An illness such as depression, bipolar disorder or schizophrenia does not have to stand in the way of a college education.
We help students with psychiatric disorders to:
- get optimal psychiatric treatment and relief from symptoms
- have all the daily supports, counseling and advocacy to reach their academic potential
- master the daily living skills required to live away from home
We provide services to meet the individual student’s needs, including, when required:
- a domestic-style, 8-bed, psychiatric treatment residence
- intensive outpatient treatment services
- treatment services from a skilled team of psychiatrists and licensed professional counselors and nurses
- daily administration of medication
- group treatment, social activities and supported employment
- substance abuse counseling
- supervised therapeutic housemates to help the student meet daily living goals and maintain a safe and healthy household
- case management to obtain entitlements and academic support
- visits to the home to assess living circumstances
Other out-of-state clients come to us because there are few programs in America for people with serious mental illness that offer initial residential treatment followed by ongoing intensive community support. This program of treatment and rehabilitation is designed to foster long-term stability and growth in skills, performance and quality of life.
If you live outside Colorado there are a variety of ways to explore whether we can be helpful:
- Write us an e-mail at email@example.com
- Call and talk to our staff at 303-440-5140. We will be happy to have a detailed conversation with you about you or your relative’s situation.
- With the patient’s written permission, we can contact previous or current treatment providers and discuss the patient’s past history and clinical needs.
- If you have previous records that you would like to send us, or a narrative of the patient’s history, you can fax them to us at 303-440-5144.
Often we can determine without a face-to- face meeting whether or not your clinical situation is one in which the treatment and care offered by Colorado Recovery is likely to be successful.